ADSM-L

Copypool question

1997-04-21 14:54:32
Subject: Copypool question
From: "Larimer, Dave" <Dave_Larimer AT KNE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:54:32 -0600
To all ADSMer's out there,

I have been performing an initial backup to our copypool.  The question
I have is how does ADSM do its' copying if colocation is set on.  Does
it copy all the tapes of one node then go onto another?  When one enters
the command backup stg primarypool  copypool pre=volumes, does this give
you the tapes to be mounted in the order listed?

Second question,
        As I have said above, I have colocation turned on in our copypool.   I
am planning to move these tapes offsite daily after coping the nightly
backups.  My question concerns colocation.  If there are tapes that are
in filling status and I move these offsite, doesn't this defeat the
purpose of colocation?  It seems to me that after a while there would be
a lot of nodes in the filling status.   Can anyone enlighten me or am I
doing something incorrectly?

Dave Larimer
Dave_Larimer AT kne DOT com