ADSM-L

Re: ADSM, PPP, and long distances

1997-04-21 11:02:11
Subject: Re: ADSM, PPP, and long distances
From: Eric LEWIS <Eric.Lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 10:02:11 CDT
     I have been doing a lot of testing over dial connections using SLIP to
     connect to the dial-in TCP/IP campus network.  I get a backup speed of
     about 10 MB/hr after compression with a 28.8 modem.  Ironically, after
     a major upgrade to our TCP/IP connection to the mainframe server that
     fixed our TCP/IP problems for LAN/WAN backups I started getting more
     frequent TCP/IP connection failure problems with the dial-in backups
     but have not had the time to determine why.  erl