ADSM-L

Incremental backup

1997-04-18 12:09:35
Subject: Incremental backup
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:09:35 EDT
We are trying to restore an OS/2 client's E: drive from a backup done
Sunday night.  Have been trying and failing all week.  Have done a
trace for IBM, and turned off the ADSM Scheduler so the backups for
the E: drive stay current.  NOW, however, we need to get a backup of
the D: drive.  If we do a DSMC I D:  to just incrementally backup the
D: drive, is that considered an INCREMENTAL of the node, and will it
do all the file expiration, changing versions from active to inactive
etc  on the E: drive that we need to protect?  My guess is only the
D: drive will be processed in ANY way,shape or form.  But they'll have
my neck if I'm wrong.. so I wanted to verify. Does anyone know for
sure?
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM