ADSM-L

[RFI] DSMC SEL x INCR

1997-04-18 08:48:26
Subject: [RFI] DSMC SEL x INCR
From: nordi <nordi AT NUTECNET.COM DOT BR>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:48:26 -0300
Dear ADSM Friends,

As we are planning to implement many local ADSM (but big ones) servers, I
have great concerns on ADSM that I would like some help.

I know many of you have already " stressed" on this subject, so I was
wondering if  you could send me your comments/experiences regarding:

        1) - RETEXTRA/VEREXISTS <-> RETONLY/VERDELETED (and RETEXTRA)
        with ALL the "misconcepts"/"misundestandings" envolved that you migh
have
had when using/implementing

        2) -FROMDATE / -TODATE and ALL the big problems with them (if possible
with examples).

        3) - Naming convention: How did you successfuly (or not) implement a
DOMAIN/POLICY/MGM/etc naming convetion that could be used by many different
sites. I am talking here about domain names and rules (ex:
        DOMAIN:- D.<userdomain>.<seq> ;
                        userdomain :- _ _ _  3 chars - System name
                                        _ _ _   4 chars - userdef
                        seq :- _ _  2 numbers sequential user definition

        I know this is a little bit complicated to suggest, since you would be
talking about something that I know better :). Consider your experince with
YOUR rules and give me some hints. (ex: do not use prefix D. S.. etc..)

Thanks in advance,
Thanks in advance,

Armando Lemos
nordi AT nutecnet.com DOT br