ADSM-L

Restoring Directly From Copy Pool

1997-04-17 21:03:48
Subject: Restoring Directly From Copy Pool
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 18:03:48 -0700
Hello ADSMers,
I am working on a disaster recovery plan which involves backing up our
primary storage pool to a copy storage pool the volumes of which the
volumes will be off-sited along with the database backup tapes. The
documentation in the Admin Guide talks about restoring the original storage
pool from the copy pool in a recovery situation. My question is this. In a
real disaster, I don't want to waste the time to recreate the primary pool.
I just want to start recovering data for client nodes as soon as possible.
Does anybody know if this is possible and has anybody actually done it?
Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.