ADSM-L

Version 2 problem

1997-04-16 18:56:07
Subject: Version 2 problem
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:56:07 EDT
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:07:07 -0400, Todd Mitchell asked:

>We have just updated our ADSM AIX server to version 2 this afternoon.
>We are now having the following problem when trying to backup a client:
>ANR0104E asalloc.c (2361) Error 2 deleting row from table
>"AS.Volume.Assignment"

This is a known problem following a V1 to V2 server upgrade.  The V1 server
had some problems which were fixed in V2, but the database must be cleaned
up.  You may see similar messages for DF.MigrCandidates.  We hit this and
followed the procedure in APAR II08975.  It took 40 minutes (your time will
vary with the database size) and worked just fine.  If you can't get the
APAR, check the ADSM-L archive for a posting of it 1/7/97.

>The server is @ Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.2/0.2

We installed the 2.1.0.10 (now 2.1.0.12) patch before even trying to run
the upgraded server.  Installed V2, installed patch, ran upgradedb.

       Mike (Not ADSM support) Knight