ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:48
     Good to see I'm not alone in wondering this...
     We even opened a problem with IBM but I don't think it ever made it to
     anyone who knows really what's going on, it only seemed to pass over
     the desk of a few fast talkers.

     I'll tell you one effect!  Try doing a network friendly retrieve of a
     large file in a diskpool and when you're about half way through the
     retrieve start a migration to tape against the diskpool.  :-)
     In case you didn't see my letter a week ago (or so) the migration
     process deleted the file out from under my retrieve.  So after pulling
     back 1.3GB of a 1.7GB file I had to initiate the retrieve again, this
     time it came from tape.  Only bad part is I'm a salary employee... had
     I been hourly this would have been a God send!
     later
          DWight

Subject: ADSM Task priorities
Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    4/16/97 1:27 AM

Does anyone know how ADSM prioritises its tasks when several are running
at once, e.g. backups v restores, etc?

With V2 server you are able to schedule restores.  I notice with backups
that you can assign a priority.  Is it the same with restores?  Can
someone please explain the effect of these priorities.

What about things like Expiration and Migration.  Can the priority of
these be controlled, or how does it work?

Dianne Sharp
Operations Analyst
ISS CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Ext 4208