ADSM-L

Re: Win 32 AC -DC client

2015-10-04 18:08:48
Subject: Re: Win 32 AC -DC client
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/9/97 1:58PM
Thanks for the suggestions on my Win95/WinNT machine.

I tried to do a short cut, and use the preinstalled Win95 code, but shot
myself in the foot again in the process.  I added a shortcut for the Admin
GUI, and it came up fine - I had no problems at all.  Then I tried to do the
same for the Backup client, but in the process I got a divide by zero error.
I knew it couldn't be a TCP/IP problem, since the admin worked, so I
uninstalled the baclient, and reinstalled - still got the Divide by zero.
All during this time, I had the nagging idea that I knew the  answer to this
problem.  Then it hit me - I hadn't labeled the C: drive - Eureka!  But alas
that was not the answer either.  Rebooted.  still there.  Uninstalled
everything, then reinstalled.   And as I was firing it up again, and
listening to my favorite CD while it blew up again, it came to me - Turn off
the Music CD!  And needless to say, that fixed the problem.  I hope that fix
gets in there soon.......

So unfortunately, I can't answer the original question I posted completely,
although the SA client does work very nicely, that way, thank you.

One other unrelated question, but while I am here....  We have a device class
for a tape pool set with a mountlimit of 5.  We run 3 concurrent migration
processes to move data to this pool, obviously using 3 of these drives.  If a
reclaimation starts up, another 2 drives will be taken up, thus using my
limit of 5.  Now, if we start a backup to a copypool (with a different device
class), and the object that is being backed up is a tape in the original
device class, does the mount of that tape count against the original device
class, or the copypool's device class?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com