ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:48
     Do a query on your device class for the 8mm drives, I bet you will see
     a mount limit of 1... here is an example from a "q devc" on one of the
     systems here... notice the "Mount Limit: 2"
     Hope this helps
      later
           Dwight

                  Device Class Name: 3590DEVC
             Device Access Strategy: Sequential
                 Storage Pool Count: 1
                        Device Type: 3590
                             Format: DRIVE
              Est/Max Capacity (MB): 0.0
                        Mount Limit: 2
                   Mount Wait (min): 60
              Mount Retention (min): 5
                       Label Prefix: AAA
                            Library: TTC3494LIB1
                          Directory:

Subject: tape drives
Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    4/15/97 9:54 AM

Hello,
We started with ADSM 2.1 Level 0.2
We have a manual 8mm Library with two drives and it seems
That the server never uses both drives simultaneously.

This is the Library:
                  Library Name: MANLIB_8MM
                  Library Type: MANUAL
                        Device:
              Private Category:
              Scratch Category:
              External Manager:

and this are the drives:
                  Library Name: MANLIB_8MM
                    Drive Name: DRIVE_8MM_0
                   Device Type: 8MM
                        Device: /dev/mt0
                       Element:

                  Library Name: MANLIB_8MM
                    Drive Name: DRIVE_8MM_1
                   Device Type: 8MM
                        Device: /dev/mt1
                       Element:

the server uses both drives, alternating , but he never
uses both drives simultaneously.  Even if only one drive
has mounted a tape, I get:

ANR1440I All drives in use.  Process 15 being preempted by higher
priority
operation.

Any ideas ?

Karl Roessmann
Karl Roessmann
Max-Planck-Institute Stuttgart
Heisenbergstr. 1
70506 Stuttgart

Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Fax. +49-711-689-1632
email roess AT and.mpi-stuttgart.mpg DOT de
--MimeMultipartBoundary--
--MimeMultipartBoundary--