ADSM-L

Question regarding update of DOMAIN parameter

1997-04-11 18:37:59
Subject: Question regarding update of DOMAIN parameter
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 18:37:59 -0400
Hi there,

I have a question regarding the domain parameter, which contains the
filesystem names, in the dsm.opt file of the UNIX systems.

Day 1.    I have the following values:
     Domain        /  /usr  /var  /home  /u01  /u02   /u03   /u04   /u05

     The backup was scheduled to run at 19:00 and went fine.

Day 2.    I updated the domain of the dsm.opt file with the following
values:
     Domain        /  /usr  /var  /home  /serv1/app1  /serv2/app2  /serv3/app3
/serv4/app4

     Again the backup was scheduled to run at 19:00.

The next day (Day 3) when I executed the command "query filespace
servername",  I get the following results:

Servername          /
Servername          /usr
Servername          /var
Servername          /home
Servername          /u01
Servername          /u02
Servername          /u03
Servername          /u04
Servername          /u05

but the new filesystems were never got backed up.  I looked up in the
dsmsched.log file of the server and evidently the server did not even try
to backup the new mounted filesystems.

I am running the ADSM version 2.1.0.12 server on AIX 3.2.5 machine.  The
client is AIX 4.1.4 and is running ADSM version of 2.1.0.6 .

Does any one has any suggestion why the new updated filesystems were never
got backed up?

Thanks,
Naveed.