ADSM-L

Re: Large ADSM Installations

1997-04-11 15:18:34
Subject: Re: Large ADSM Installations
From: Dennis Hatch <DCHatch AT HEALTHPLAN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 15:18:34 -0400
I am also interested in the opinion of others on this subject.

We are in the process of setting up a ADSM server on MVS OS/390 1.2 with
clients of SUN, AIX, HP, Novell and WIN/95.  Our estimates of total
storage for ADSM pools is around 350G.  How does this compare to other
sites?.

Dennis Hatch
HealthPlan Services
Tampa, FL
DCHatch AT HealthPlan DOT com
"my snowbrush and ice scraper are now tanning on the beach"

>'m curious to hear from others that have large ADSM
>installations (multi-GB ADSM databases). I'm getting a little
>concerned at the rate at which our database is growing. It is
>currently ~14GB, and it has grown by 5GB in just under two
>months. We have had a lot of activity, and we are in the
.unfortunate position of storing a great many very small files--it
>seems such a shame to spend 1K of database space for a 40 byte
>file, especially when we've got thousands of 40 byte files.

>I wonder if anybody else with a large installation might share
>there experiences/configurations.

 -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>