ADSM-L

OS/2 ADSTAR Client 2.1.6 hangs WPS SIQ

1997-04-11 09:28:01
Subject: OS/2 ADSTAR Client 2.1.6 hangs WPS SIQ
From: "Scott D. Courtney" <courtney AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:28:01 EST
Addressed to: ADSTAR List Server <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
              os2-l-timken AT timken DOT com

ADSTAR backup/archive client, 2.1.6, hangs the Workplace
Shell's input queue repeatably on my test system if the
restore operation (in directory tree mode) has to go for
an offline tape volume.  From the way the system behaves,
it appears that a high-priority thread is looping somewhere.
I have Warp Version 4.0 with FixPack 1 (the GA one, not the
special one for Lotus Notes) installed.  I upgraded ADSTAR
client from 2.1.5 and installed Warp FixPack at the same
time, so I'm not sure who broke whom.  The connection type
is TCP/IP only, and both backups and restores from the
command line work flawlessly.

Has anyone else duplicated this error, and if so, do you
have a workaround or know of an IBM PTF or APAR?  If not,
how do I go about reporting this to IBM?

TIA for any help or advice!

"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the| Scott D. Courtney
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the| Scott D. Courtney
liberty of removing Windows 95 from my  | Sr. Telecomm Analyst
hard drive." -- Arthur C. Clarke in US  | The Timken Company, Ohio USA
News & World Report (3-31-97), on what  | Intranet web site:
he would have liked HAL 9000 to say.    | www.ctnvm.inside.tkr/~courtney