ADSM-L

Any User Experience

1997-04-10 12:54:13
Subject: Any User Experience
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:54:13 PST
---------------------------- Top of message ----------------------------
>>--> 04-10-97  08:45  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Any User Experience
>>--> 04-10-97  08:45  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Any User Experience

We are backing up a minimal (basic OE stuff, OS/390 BonusPak, and ICS)
with the ADSM OE client.  Installation is similar to other OE apps.  I
also installed the OS/2 TCPIP X-Windows client so I could get a GUI
interface to run backups/restores.  I had some difficulty getting this
to work initially (problems with setting the environment variables), but
then I am not a UNIX guy.  Incrementals work fine most of the time and
I have only done restores in a test mode and have had no problems. As
I mentioned, this is a minimal system with no real production apps as
yet.
Sam Sheppard
shs AT sddpc.sannet DOT gov
San Diego Data Processing Corp.