ADSM-L

disaster test HELP|

1997-04-09 14:30:18
Subject: disaster test HELP|
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:30:18 EDT
HELP!
IBM gave me a way to create a list of offsite tapes for a particular
node and it's not working.
I need to generate a list of offsite tapes that I need to use for
a restore test in the morning.  I have a report that I can run, but
it takes 7 hours and I need the list generated in 3 1/2 (The guy that
explained it to me is currently unavailable, and I had just assumed
it would work) I must be doing something wrong.  This was the plan:
1. Migrate Disk pool to empty
2. Do a SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE to get a list of onsite tapes for the node
3. Mark them destroyed
4. Issue the restore command and it will generate a list of errors
   in the host activity log of all the tapes it needed but couldn't
   get because they were offsite.
But it didn't.  It listed one tape, with the error ANR0542W, and the
session sat idle for 30 minutes and timed out.  So it basically just
stopped trying after the first tape.  Help!!! How can I get this to
work?  THANKS!
Julie Phinney
Julphinn @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIl.COM