ADSM-L

Re: Win 32 AC -DC client

1997-04-09 13:20:32
Subject: Re: Win 32 AC -DC client
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:20:32 -0400
Classification:
Prologue: Mike Dile
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
Phone: (408)256-3637
Internal: mikedile@ibmusm51
Internet: mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com
Epilogue:

Jerry,

Your setup is not unlike a number of folks I'm aware of.   I've got OS/2 on
one primary partition, NT and Win95 on another primary.  If I'm careful
I can select WinNT from OS/2's boot manager, Select Win95 from
NT's boot manager, hit F8 and pick previous DOS version from
which I can fire up Win 3.1.

There are a few items that are inserted into the registry at install time and
a few other items that the scheduler service puts in the registry. So I believe
that you would want to do the install under Win95 and under WinNT so that
the registry bits are done appropriately for each environment.  However you
can direct the install to the same destination directory since the same
executables
are installed for both environments.

Win95 won't be able to see or process any of your NTFS partitions.  You'll
need to boot to NT for that to work.

Regards,

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development