ADSM-L

Novell TCP/IP update

1997-04-09 03:41:53
Subject: Novell TCP/IP update
From: Arian de Wit <a.dewit AT NIWA.CRI DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 19:41:53 NZST
Hi All,

Paul wrote:

> We had similar problems for both Novell 3.x and some 4.x servers -
> try upgrading to more recent versions of TCPIP on the client (3.12j
> worked for us). You will probably have to also update CLIB with
> either LIBUP8 or 9 in order to update to TCPIP 3.12j. Both updates
> are available from Novell's website, and can be loaded on-the-fly.

I have TCPIP.NLM 3.00j, dated Jan 25, 1996, running on NetWare 4.1,
with pretty slow performance. I have looked at Novell's Web site and
found a new TCP patch, called TCPN03, which I have applied,
resulting in TCPIP.NLM 4.00. This caused the client to bomb out with
a "ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure" on every
session when it reached a big (15MB) file. So I have changed back to
TCPIP.NLM 3.00j and it works again (but slowly). I have
implemented all the other client-side advice I have seen on the list
lately (in response to Trevor Foley's query).

My question is: where can I find a version of TCPIP.NLM between 3.00j
and 4.00? Novell's Web site doesn't seem to hold anything but the
latest patch. And has anyone else used the TCPN03 patch with success?

Thanks very much,

Arian

Arian de Wit, Network Administrator
NZ National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research (NIWA)
Box 11-115, Hamilton, New Zealand
Phone (+64) 7-856 1769; Fax (+64) 7-856 0151
eMail a.dewit AT niwa.cri DOT nz; Web http://www.niwa.cri.nz