ADSM-L

Win 32 AC - DC client?

1997-04-08 23:38:41
Subject: Win 32 AC - DC client?
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 23:38:41 -0400
I have a situation on my own personal PC that at least I think is
interesting, and perhaps original.....

I have set the machine up with Bootmanager, and partitioned the disk so that
I have two primary DOS partitions - in other words two C: disks, and an
entended DOS D: drive.  My plan is to install Win95 on one C: drive, NT
Workstation on the other C: drive, and use the D: Drive for common stuff -
like all applications.

Now my question - we know that the Windows 32 bit client handles both Win95
and Win NT, but is there anything in the install process that "customizes"
the code so that it only works on the one it is installed on?  In other
words, if I install the client to the D: drive while booted on Win95, and
then I boot NT, will the client function correctly - including understanding
NTFS file systems?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com