ADSM-L

Large Backups

1997-04-08 18:57:56
Subject: Large Backups
From: "michael.j.hsu" <michael.j.hsu AT AC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 18:57:56 -0400
We are planning on backing up 800GB nightly using ADSM reading data from a SCSI
attached EMC 3700 disk subsystem and writing out to a SCSI attached DLT 7000
Tape Library unit.  We are planning on using the new HP version of ADSM Server
2.6 (or the AIX version).  Does anyone cuurently have a backup capacity of this
magnitude (with a similar infrastructure)?

Assuming this can be done technically (and my server is appropriately sized),
will I see any bottle-necking or performance impacts from the ADSM software?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike