ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:47
     The quickest way is to, on the new machine as root (if unix), run
     dsmc -serv=serverofoldmachine -node=oldnodename -pass=oldnodepass blah
     where blah is a restore for a mounted file system
     so you would have to run multiple dsmc's (one for each mounted file
     system) other than that you can use...
     I wrote this up for oralce dba to use in planning for disaster
     recovery.
     Hope this helps...

     Note: Where some things might seem to act different it is due to
     some events previously being taken care of or gray areas that are
     not to be assumed true in the future.

     For this example we will assume:

     ADSMSRV-1 : an adsm server
     Client-1  : an adsm client (normal server is ADSMSRV-1)
     Oracle-1  : a user/owner of files on Client-1

     ADSMSRV-2 : an adsm server
     Client-2  : an adsm client (normal server is ADSMSRV-2)
     Oracle-2  : a user/owner of files on Client-2

     REMEMBER !  The owner of backups is the owner of the file,
                 the owner of archives is who archives them away.

     NOTE: Every adsm client node connecting to an adsm server
           node must be a registered adsm client of that server.

     Situation : User Oracle-1 working on node Client-1, which backs up
     & archives to server ADSMSRV-1, wants to make his/her archived
     files available to user Oracle-2 on node Client-2.

     1) A request for access to ADSMSRV-1 by Client-2 is requested.
        The ADSM Administrator of ADSMSRV-1 will then register
        Client-2 on ADSMSRV-1 and inform the requester of the
        password to be used for access.

     2) The root user on Client-1 updates their dsm.sys file with a
        user entry "user Oracle-1".  The root user on Client-2
        updates their dsm.sys file with a user entry "user Oracle-2".

     The syntax in the dsm.sys file is:

     *                                                              *
     *     <------------------+                                     *
     *            <---------+ *                                     *
     * >>---Users-- username------------------------------------->< *
     *                                                              *

     3) The root user on Client-2 updates their dsm.sys file to allow
        Client-2 to access ADSMSERV-1 such as:

     defaultserver  ADSMSRV-2

     *//ADSM_LOCAL_ADSMSRV-2_STANZA
     Servername         ADSMSRV-2
     TCPPort            1500
     TCPServeraddress   ADSMSRV-2
     TCPWindowsize      32
     Inclexcl        /usr/adsm/exclude.list
     *//END_ADSM_LOCAL_ADSMSRV-2_STANZA

     *//ADSM_OTHER_ADSMSRV-1_STANZA
     Servername        ADSMSRV-1
     TCPPort           1500
     TCPServeraddress  ADSMSRV-1.amoco.com
     TCPWindowsize      32
     Inclexcl        /usr/adsm/exclude.list
     *//END_OTHER_ADSMSRV-1_STANZA

     4) The root user on Client-2 must now connect to ADSMSRV-1 and
        issue the "set password" command in order to set the internal
        password on Clinet-2 for access to ADSMSRV-1.  The root user
        should provide the password, when prompted, that was set by
        the ADSM Administrator on ADSMSRV-1.

     4) User Oracle-1 on Client-1 connected to ADSMSRV-1 with a dsmc
        session issues a "set access archive "*" Client-2 Oracle-2"

     The full syntax is:

     | >>--dsmc SET Access--.- Archive-.--.- filespec---.-- node---> |
     |                      '- Backup--'  '- "filespec"-'            |
     | >--.-------.--.--------------.----------------------------->< |
     |    '- user-'  |  <--------<  |                                |
     |               '--- options---'                                |

     5) User Oracle-2 on Client-2 now connects to ADSMSRV-1 with a
        dsmc session such as:
        "dsmc -serv=ADSMSRV-1"

     6) User Oracle-2 may now inquire Oracle-1's file spaces by using:

        query filespace -fromnode=Client-1 -fromowner=Oracle-1

     7) User Oracle-2 may now inquire Oracle-1's archived file of one
        of the listed file spaces with:

        query archive "/SomeFileSpace/*" -subdir=yes -fromnode=Client-1
             -fromowner=Oracle-1

     8) User Oracle-2 man now retrieve Oracle-1's archived files to
        their own (currently logged onto) machine with:

        restore /SomeFileSpace/FileXYZ /LocalFileSpace/SameOrNewName
               -fromnode=Client-1 -fromowner=Oracle-1

     NOTE: the -fromnode & -fromowner are just optional parameters of
           certain ADSM commands.  For specific syntax of the base ADSM
           commands please use the "help" command within ADSM or refer
           to the appropriate ADSM manuals for the client platform.

     WARNING: THIS ONLY WORKS FOR LIKE PLATFORMS !  YOU CAN NOT ACCESS
              FILES FROM A UNIX BOX FROM A NOVELL BOX OR ANY OTHER
              DISSIMILAR OPERATING SYSTEM PLATFORM.