ADSM-L

Scheduler bug

2015-10-04 18:08:47
Subject: Scheduler bug
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/7/97 11:06AM
If I understand the proposition - you created a schedule for the period of
time that once a year doesn't exist - the hour between 2 and 3 o'clock when
we go from daylight wasting time to daylight savings time.  Now the
question is - if you create a schedule for a time that doesn't exist, and
ADSM doesn't schedule the client, then is this a bug?   Sort of like "is
the glass half empty, or is it half full?"

My opinion would be that this is not a bug.

The interesting counter proposition would be - what happens next October?!
should/would ADSM schedule the event twice because the hour of 2:00 occurs
twice when we return to daylight wasting time?

The assumption here is that you are using prompted scheduling, so that the
event would have a chance of repeating - I don't think a polled schedule
would do this.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    4/7/97 11:06 AM

One of our client systems missed a scheduled backup on Sunday morning.
There are no messages indicating that any attempt was made to perform
the scheduled backup. The schedule calls for a one hour backup window
starting at 2:00. It would appear that what IBM actually implemented
was a backup window running from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM, a period that
does not exist on the day when Daylight Saving Time starts. We are
still running a Version 1 server. Does anyone know whether this bug
also exists under Version 2?