ADSM-L

Nextstgpool Question

1997-04-07 14:46:18
Subject: Nextstgpool Question
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:46:18 -0700
We have a 3494 ATL with mixed 3490 & 3590 cartridges. Consequently, we have
defined 2 separate sequential tape pools, 3490pool & 3590pool.
Occasionally, we would run out of scratch tapes in the 3490pool and backups
would fail. What we have done to prevent this from happening is to update
3490pool as follows:   nextstgpool=3590pool highmig=100
in order to spill over to the 3590s only when there are no more 3490
scratch tapes. However, we do not want migration to ever take place. Does
anybody know it this will work?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.