ADSM-L

Scheduler bug

1997-04-07 10:31:59
Subject: Scheduler bug
From: Tom Denier <tom AT STAFF.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:31:59 -0400
One of our client systems missed a scheduled backup on Sunday morning.
There are no messages indicating that any attempt was made to perform
the scheduled backup. The schedule calls for a one hour backup window
starting at 2:00. It would appear that what IBM actually implemented
was a backup window running from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM, a period that
does not exist on the day when Daylight Saving Time starts. We are
still running a Version 1 server. Does anyone know whether this bug
also exists under Version 2?