ADSM-L

Re: OS2 Clients

1997-04-04 07:43:00
Subject: Re: OS2 Clients
From: Cyndi Flis </G=Cynthia/S=Flis AT TRAVELERS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 07:43:00 -0500
Tony,

ADSM checks the attribute bytes on a file.  Some other software package
may be changing the archive byte (-a or +a) and causing ADSM to see
a "change" and backup your files. I understand many other backup
products do this. Perhaps you are running in parellel?

Good Luck,
Cynthia Flis
Travelers Property Casualty
Hartford, CT 06183

     We are having problems doing incremental backups on our OS2 clients.
     Every time we do an incremental backup it backs up all files on the
     drives regardless if the data has changed or not changed since the
     last backup.

     Could some of you more experienced users please help me out on this
     one. Any suggestions are appreciated.

     Thank You,

     Tony Arsneault
     ARSNEAUT AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG