ADSM-L

Re: NT-Service does not start as administrator

1997-04-04 07:04:55
Subject: Re: NT-Service does not start as administrator
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 06:04:55 -0600
Walter,

     When you enter the administrative account under the startup panel for
the service, it should have given the account the rights to run as a
service.  Depending on what version you are running I would suggest the
following.

 1) Create an account and add it to the local group 'Backup Operators'
(You do not have to run with an adminstrative account starting with the
32-bit version)
 2) Modify it's authority to allow it to run as a service but not logon
interactively or via the network.  Look in the ADSM readme files for any
more guidelines on authorization requirements.
3) Attempt running the service.  If or when it fails use event view to see
any errors.  The only other time I have seen this problem is when we
attempted to change the service name with DSMCSVCI on PTF5.

Good Luck and keep us informed.

Dan T.