ADSM-L

Re: HELP - Files Missing after Netware C

1997-04-04 05:21:00
Subject: Re: HELP - Files Missing after Netware C
From: "Kuhn, Steve" <AEGISLAN/AEGIS/KUHNS%Aegis AT MCIMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 05:21:00 -0500
When restoring a directory or directory tree, end the destination path with
a "\" (no quotes).  ADSM requires this to know that the destination path is
a directory, not a file.  Without this, results will be unpredictable,
sometimes writing hundreds+ files over the same file name.  This is
documented.

e.g.:
RES  -LA  -SUBD=YES  -REP=YES SYS1:*   DEV/SYS1:\

Steve Kuhn, Network Mgr, AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc.
Jersey City, NJ  kuhns%aegis AT mcimail DOT com