ADSM-L

Files deleted out from under me during use !

1997-04-03 12:19:02
Subject: Files deleted out from under me during use !
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 11:19:02 -0600
     OK, I'm mad now...

     ANS4314E File data currently unavailable on server

     Total number of objects retrieved:        0
     Total number of bytes transferred:      1.3 GB
     Data transfer time:                6,508.68 sec
     Data transfer rate:                  223.04 KB/sec
     Total failures:                           0
     Elapsed processing time:           01:51:53
     dsmc>

     04/03/1997 10:30:15  ANR0566W Retrieve or restore failed for session
     14501 for node PR1 (AIX) - file was deleted from data storage during
     retrieval.

     I was bringing back an archive from my diskpool, a 2GB file, and I
     initiated this early BEFORE migration (diskpool to tapepool).

     Migration to tape started and had the audacity to grab the 2GB file I
     was retrieving, push it to tape, then delete the file from the
     diskpool THUS CAUSING 2 HOURS OF MY TIME TO GO UP IN SMOKE !

     So has anyone else had this happen to them...?

     Normally I could perform this move in about an hours time but being
     prime time I didn't want to hog the network, so much for being nice.

     Oh,  this is 2.1.0.6 client & .12 server (both aix)

     later
          Dwight