ADSM-L

Re: DumpDB and Volume Change

1997-04-03 07:58:16
Subject: Re: DumpDB and Volume Change
From: "Moir,Elizabeth" <Elizabeth.Moir AT VM.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 06:58:16 -0600
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com

I have to admit I was very skeptical about this actually working.  But we
tried it out on our test system last night, and sure enough it did.  Once
again I have to say three cheers for ADSM.  And thank you so much for
helping me out with this.  What looked like it was going to be a very tense
and tedious chore turned out to be a breeze.

Betsy
*** Forwarding note from OWNERAD1--INTERNET 97/04/02 13:45 ***

TO:         NOREPLY  INTERNET  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
FROM:       OWNERAD1 INTERNET  owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
DATE:       04/02/97 13:45
SUBJECT:    Re: DumpDB and Volume Change
Betsy,
        It's easier to format, then define the 4 new database volumes to ADSM,
then delete the old ones... ADSM will automagically move the database
entries from the deleted db volumes to the new database volumes.  When
you do this, make sure the 4 new db vols are the same size or larger
than the existing databases, otherwise this won't work.  If the sum of
the space on the 4 volumes is greater than the 10 volumes, you can
always extend your database after the old db vols are deleted.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com