ADSM-L

Can we modify where ADSM for WindowsNT put some of it's files?

1997-04-03 01:48:21
Subject: Can we modify where ADSM for WindowsNT put some of it's files?
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 16:48:21 +1000
Trevor Foley
03/04/97 16:48
On:

Hi,

In order to better fit in with our existing standards with what types of
files get placed where on our ADSM servers, we would like to be able to
move some of the files that ADSM produces. From reading the documentation,
I'm fairly certain that this cannot be done, but I'll ask anyway.

First, we would like to store the ADSM logs (dsmsched.log & dsmerror.log)
seperately from the ADSM software. I know about the DSM_CONFIG and DSM_DIR
environment variables but I don't think that they help with this.

And second, we would like to store the registry backup files somewhere
other than C:\adsm.sys.

Any suggestions, or are we out of luck?

regards,

Trevor