ADSM-L

selective backups

1997-04-02 13:59:36
Subject: selective backups
From: "Bey, Randy" <randy.bey AT NORWEST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:59:36 -0600
Greetings,
I have several Unix systems of varying flavors that I want to back up
using ADSM.

Many of them have areas that I do not want to back up every time, such
as file
systems with Oracle databases on them.

Others have only one filesystem (/), and I only want to back up various
parts of those.

I have looked at the INCLEXCL file option, but it appears that ADSM
expects this file
to be static in nature, as opposed to a way to template what I want to
back up right
now, and what I want to exclude.

Instead of incremental, I considered selective, but where there is one
filesystem this
doesn't look like it will work.

How do people use templates to adequately back up specific parts of a
system using
ADSM, with some parts on one day and other parts on another?