ADSM-L

Re: Data Base Backup Tapes

1997-04-02 02:05:30
Subject: Re: Data Base Backup Tapes
From: Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:05:30 +0100
Joe Oliver wrote:

> Each day I back up my MVS R2V1 data base:   ADSM is defined as an external
> tape manager to CA1 but it appears that the tapes are never released by ADSM.
> Does anyone know how this should be handled?

Joe,

You need to execute an administrative command (via schedule) to delete
the "old versions" from the ADSM server Volume History.

Ex: DELete VOLHistory TOD=TODAY-7 type=STGDelete
    to return to scratch (for CA/1) deleted volumes from a StoragePool
    older than 7 days.

Ex: DEL VOLH TOD=TODAY-14 type=BACKUPFULL
    to free full backup volumes older than 14 days

Ex: DEL VOLH TOD=TODAY-14 type=BACKUPINCR
    to free incremental backup volumes older than 14 days

Good luck !

Francis Maes                    ASLK-CGER Services GIE  - Belguim
ADSM Server Administrator       Rue Fossi-aux-Loups, 48 - 1000 Brussels
Storage Management              E@Mail: fr.maes AT cger DOT be