ADSM-L

Server for HPUX and EXB120

1997-04-01 10:47:57
Subject: Server for HPUX and EXB120
From: Christoph Martin <martin AT UNI-MAINZ DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:47:57 +0200
I installed the evaluation version of ADSM for HPUX from the file
hp.server.eval.img.Z:

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for HP-UX Beta Test
Version 2, Release 6, Level 99.12/99.12

I can define a single Exabyte Tape drive and perform backups and
restores, but I can't define an Exabyte tape-library with the command:

define library exb120 libtype=scsi device=/dev/scsi/1

I then get the following error:

ANR2026E DEFINE LIBRARY: Command failed - sufficient server memory is not
available.
ANS5102I Return code 5.

I think this error is missleading. Increasing the paging space and the
available shared memory does not lead to success.

So what is the problem?

We should have a license since starting dsmserv says:

ANR2854I Server is licensed for device support module 4.

and the EXB120 needs device support module 3.

Any hints?

C. Martin

Christoph Martin, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin AT Uni-Mainz DOT DE