ADSM-L

ADSM

2015-10-04 18:09:30
Subject: ADSM
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/31/97 3:12PM
"Move" is not so much the operative word here - all you really have to do is
allocate the new DB and log data sets, then remove the old ones.  Of course the
new data sets are of equal (or larger) size.  Check the Admin Guide for the
correct procedure for your server.

As for mirroring, we run with a mirrored log, but not a mirrored DB - we have
Icebergs (or is it a RAMAC Virtual array).  My logic is that if I have a problem
that causes me to actually loose the DB, between the backups and the forward
recovery log, I haven't really lost anything.  But if I don't mirror the log,
and I have a problem, it can get dicey.  Therefore, I couldn't see paying for
the extra DASD to mirror my DB.  (but I'm sure others feel safer mirroring the
DB too).

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/31/97 3:12 PM

          Question,

          I need to move my Storage, Recovery Log, & Database volumes
          from 3380 DASD to RAMAC/2(Raid 5) DASD. Below is my volume
          information for my system..

          1. What is involved in moving the datasets????

          2. We have 2 db vol's & 2 Sync'd db vol's. Do we need a
          (mirror) copy of these files once on RAMAC/2 DASD?

          I think for the Storage Volumes you just need to relocate
          new datasets and point ANRPROC to that area.. But I have no
          idea about the other two volume types..

          Any information would be helpful...

          Thanks
          Lee Fosbrink
          Pittsburgh Mercy Health System

          Storage Volume Information:

          Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated
           %Util   Volume
                                    Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity
                   Status
                                                                  (MB)
          ------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------
           -----  --------
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL002      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
              0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL003      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL004      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line
          ADSM.STORAGE.POOL005      BACKUPPOOL   DISK            600.0
             0.0  On-Line

          DataBase Volume Information:

          Volume Name       Copy    Volume Name       Copy    Volume
          Name       Copy
          (Copy 1)          Status  (Copy 2)          Status  (Copy 3)
                   Status
          ----------------  ------  ----------------  ------
          ----------------  ------
          ADSM.DB01         Sync'd  ADSM.DM01         Sync'd
                   Undef-

                    ined
          ADSM.DB02         Sync'd  ADSM.DM02         Sync'd
                   Undef-

                    ined

          Recovery Log Volume Information:
          adsm> q logvolume

          Volume Name       Copy    Volume Name       Copy    Volume
          Name       Copy
          (Copy 1)          Status  (Copy 2)          Status  (Copy 3)
                   Status
          ADSM.RCVRYLOG     Sync'd                    Undef-
                   Undef-
                                                       ined
                    ined
          ADSM.RCVRYLG2     Sync'd                    Undef-
                   Undef-
                                                       ined
                    ined