ADSM-L

Disaster recovery script

1997-03-31 13:24:09
Subject: Disaster recovery script
From: Tom Denier <tom AT STAFF.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:24:09 -0500
I am in the process of writing a script to aid in offsite disaster
recovery using ADSM Version 2. I want the script to start the ADSM
server in the background and then issue a series of dsmadmc commands
in batch mode to define mirrored database and log volumes and to
update the status of storage pool volumes. There is presumably a
non-zero time lapse between executing the command to start the
server and being able to execute the dsmadmc command successfully.
Is there a simple and reliable way to wait for this time lapse to
end before executing the dsmadmc commands?