ADSM-L

Retrieve list problem on Solaris 2.5.1

1997-03-27 17:31:00
Subject: Retrieve list problem on Solaris 2.5.1
From: Jim White <jwwhite AT SRP DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:31:00 -0800
We are having problems displaying archive file lists from our Solaris
2.5.1 machines using the 2.1.6 GUI. The CLI works fine as do the 2.1.6
GUI and CLI on AIX, HP-UX and NT. We have several management classes
that archive files can be bound to, each with a different retention
period defined in the corresponding copy group. The problem on Solaris
is that for files bound to a management class with a retention period
greater than that of the default management class, the GUI does not
display them as available for retrieval. A "q arch" using the CLI does
display them and they can be retrieved using the CLI, whether archived
from the GUI or CLI. For files bound to the default class or a class
with retention period less than the default, the files are listed by the
GUI (and CLI) and are retrievable.

Very strange indeed. Any ideas?

Jim White
SRP