ADSM-L

Re: Dateformat on Solaris 2.5

1997-03-26 06:10:45
Subject: Re: Dateformat on Solaris 2.5
From: Helmut Richter <Helmut.Richter AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:10:45 +0100
On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Mj Lopatin wrote:

> In the next release of the product, we plan to follow the following
> rules on our XPG/4 platforms:
>
> 1) If Dateformat, Timeformat, or Numberformat options are specified, use them

Yes, this would solve our problem.

> Would these rules satisfy both XPG/4 and the concerns of customers like
> Dr. Richter and Monsieur De Witte?  We were considering adding them to the
> fix for IC16007 in the current release as well, and welcome your input.

One earlier suggestion was a minor and rather unimportant variation: call
the XPG/4 stuff "DATEFORMAT=0" and take that as the default. This would
have exactly the effect you described above, but would also allow a single
user to override the site's or his own default DATEFORMAT by explicitly
specifying DATEFORMAT=0 if he so wishes. The cases in which this would be
of interest would, however, be odd end cases.

My primary interest was to have the option to issue ADSM commands whose
output is predictable from the command text alone, disregarding the
environment in which the command was issued. This is the case in your
suggestion.

Thank you very much for the consideration of our input.

Best regards,

Helmut Richter

Dr. Helmut Richter                       Leibniz-Rechenzentrum
Tel:   +49-89-289-28785                  Barer Str. 21
Fax:   +49-89-2809460                    D-80333 Muenchen
Email: Helmut.Richter AT lrz-muenchen DOT de    Germany