ADSM-L

Re: file access time update

1997-03-25 23:19:39
Subject: Re: file access time update
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:19:39 +1000
Trevor Foley
26/03/97 14:19
On:

I stumbled across a utility that comes with HSM called dsmmode. From the
documentation it appears that by issuing the command dsmmode -tp the access
times on files will not be changed when accessed by ADSM. I don't have HSM
so I haven't been able to play around with this. So I have some questions.

   Is dsmmode only available with HSM?
   Will dsmmode work on all flavours of Unix or only those that support
   HSM?
   Is it only the migrate command that will not update the access time or
   will it work with backup and archive as well?
   Has anyone used this?

regards,

Trevor