ADSM-L

stopping retries on a scheduled event

2015-10-04 18:09:30
Subject: stopping retries on a scheduled event
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/24/97 5:39PM
It sounds as if none of your clients are communicating with the server -
this correct?  If so, can you ping the server from the clients?  Have you
changed the TCPPort address anywhere?  It should be 1500; this is set in
the server options file; also in the clients file as well.  Are other
applications using IP to communicate with the MVS machine?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/24/97 5:39 PM

I have a scheduled archive which failed with a protocol error over the
weekend.  The server is retrying the command every 20 minutes.  I have
deleted the association between all nodes and the schedule for this
command, killed the scheduler on my hp client, and bounced the adsm
server on our ibm under mvs.  Still it keeps retrying.  How can I kill
this event permanently.  Also, where can I look to find the source of the
protocol error?

Setup is as follows

1 server version 2.0.7 under mvs 5.2
2 clients 1 solaris (not latest version)
1 hp version 2.0 release 0.5
communication method tcp/ip

I get the same error on both the solaris and hp clients.  Nothing shows
up in the trace i have running on the hp.  I have allproc enabled.

Thanks in advance.

                    Senior Microcomputer analyst
                    Ball State University
                     phone 317-285-1310