ADSM-L

Re: How can I get a list of files not backuped by ADSM?

1997-03-24 14:21:37
Subject: Re: How can I get a list of files not backuped by ADSM?
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:21:37 -0800
Gary,

To get a list of files that *were* backed up by ADSM, you can run
your schedule (or any backup session, for that matter) in verbose
mode. Check your dsmsched.log file and look at the Options listed
for your shedule. It's likely that it says "-quiet" (of course
you can also query your schedule from an admin session and get
the same info).

If you remove the "-quiet" option, the entire backup session will
be logged, and all files that are backed up will be listed in
dsmsched.log. Be careful, though, when using this option, because
your schedule logs may grow very large. SCHEDLOGRETENTION in
the client system options file is a good option to use to avoid
this situation.

 -- TOM

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>