ADSM-L

Performance problem ADSM 2.1.06 / Windows NT

1997-03-24 11:34:38
Subject: Performance problem ADSM 2.1.06 / Windows NT
From: Johan Palm <johan.palm AT SKANDIA DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:34:38 +0100
Performance problem with ADSM WIN32 2.1.06 in NT
4.0
We have noticed that in some of our 20 ADSM clients on NT platforms
We have noticed that in some of our 20 ADSM clients on NT platforms
there are some obscure perfomance problems.
After that the dsmc.exe has ended, the NT-service "SYSTEM" consume 3-4%
CPU and does a lot of I/O during for up to 20 minutes. Then the
NT-server return to normal status. It does not seems to be ordinary
swapping.
The problem has occured on both IBM and Compac hardware.
On one machine the error disappeared after we re-installed the entirely
NT-server and re-installed ADSM 2.1.05 and then 2.1.06.
We are running NT 4.0 with fixpack 1 on all servers.

Does someone have any good explanation?

  johan.palm AT skandia DOT se
  WWW.SKANDIA.SE