ADSM-L

Restoring NT Client / Disaster recovery

1997-03-20 11:22:40
Subject: Restoring NT Client / Disaster recovery
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:22:40 EST
Look at the ADSM NT disaster recovery redbook on www.redbooks.ibm.com .

This fully documents disaster recovery procedures for NT with ADSM.

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development
------------------------------Original Appends-------------------------
In working with ADSM on the NT client, I'm ready to do some recovery
In working with ADSM on the NT client, I'm ready to do some recovery
testing.  I'm a little concerned about restoring the complete registry or
which registry keys should and should not be restored.   Has anyone gone
through restoring NT 4.0 from the ADSM client?

I noticed in the ADSM Windows 32-bit client install instructions, it
mentions to have a 100 meg FAT partition to restore to.  This option does
not fit the environment we currently have.  We run NTFS and have a larger
partition for the OS.

 If someone has procedures already documented, I would appreciate a copy or
any info you can provide.

Thanks!
Terese Wojtowicz
Sr. Network Administrator