ADSM-L

ADMIN client and MVS tcp/ip

1997-03-19 21:57:43
Subject: ADMIN client and MVS tcp/ip
From: "Mark Brown (CC Operations Supervisor)" <CCMB AT MUSICA.MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 21:57:43 EST
Hello,

I use the admin client on a Windows/NT workstation to talk to the adsm
server running on MVS 4.2.2.

TCP/IP V3R1
ADSM V2R1L0.9

I have noticed a trend that just about every time I use the admin
client to query the server or add database volumes we encounter serious
problems with tcp/ip on MVS usually requiring a restart of tcp/ip or
even a restart of MVS.

This may just be a coincidence but if anyone has any info I would
appreciate it.

Thank You,
  Mark Brown, Operations Supervisor
  McGill University, Computing Centre