ADSM-L

Re: How do I get ADSM to use both grippers in a 3494?

1997-03-19 18:02:26
Subject: Re: How do I get ADSM to use both grippers in a 3494?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:02:26 -0500
For interest, our gripper stats are:  Gripper 1 = 11,909;  Gripper 2 = 2,993
on a relatively lightly used 3494.  Gripper usage is at the discretion of
the 3494, and depends upon its own algorithms, which don't always seem
optimum, as when storing tapes from the I/O Station.  This will probably
change over time as its Library Manager code evolves (so make sure your
CE is periodically installing the latest diskette-borne software).  Our
LM code is current, which may make the difference in gripper usage.
      Richard Sims, Boston University OIT