ADSM-L

Win32 Silent Installs.....

1997-03-19 12:09:41
Subject: Win32 Silent Installs.....
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 12:09:41 -0500
Date:     March 19, 1997            Time:    10:52
From:    Jerry Lawson
    The Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
Last week there was a thread going on Silent Installs for the Win32 client.
Last week there was a thread going on Silent Installs for the Win32 client.
We have developed what we think is a good process for us based on these notes
but we have one last question.

The problem is the Silent install is just that - Very Silent.  So silent that
it doesn't tell you when it's done - your disk light just goes off.  Has
anyone come up with a way to have a message pop up at the end saying something
like "  Dat's all, Folks!"?    (But then that's probably copyrighted.........)

Thanks in Advance.
Jerry Lawson
The Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com