ADSM-L

AS/400 FSIOP backup as client & Tape Labels

1997-03-19 21:20:10
Subject: AS/400 FSIOP backup as client & Tape Labels
From: Terry Dunn <terryd AT XTRA.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:20:10 -0800
Have AS/400 CISC machine as central server and several other servers
attached.  Plan is to back up OS/2 Servers, Notes Servers, etc onto
AS/400 Tape Drive.

Questions if someone can help please:

1.  Is it possible to have the FSIOP internal to the AS/400, running
OS/2 Base FSIOP supported as a separate client ie. load ADSM onto FSIOP
to backup as separate volume?  Basically trick the system to treat as
just another server client.

2. Is it possible to include a "tape label" so we can have a series of
daily/weekly tapes and are promted for the correct tape.  So far we only
been able to save to scratch tapes.

Thanks
Terry
Pegasus Systems