ADSM-L

ADSM requirement - tape reclamation

1997-03-18 20:34:57
Subject: ADSM requirement - tape reclamation
From: Dianne Sharp <DSHARP AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:34:57 +1200
I have noticed a few people putting in their requirements for changes
they'd like to see to ADSM.

I would also like to add one.

I would like to see the tape reclamation process changed so that it
always reclaims space from the tapes with the least amount of valid data
first (i.e. if your threshold is set to 50%, it would start with tapes
which had only 1% valid data, 2% valid data, etc, etc)

This would be of great help to people like me who are limited in the
times that they can use tape drives.

Is this the right place to post this requirement?

Dianne Sharp
Operations Analyst
ISS CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Ext 4208