ADSM-L

ADSM requirments

1997-03-18 18:26:47
Subject: ADSM requirments
From: Vince Allio <usboacvb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 18:26:47 EST
One of my users has come up with what I think is a pretty good set
of "real life" requirements for ADSM.  I'm curious to know what others
think:

 1. I would like to be able to run an incremental back up on a subset of
    a file system. Currently, incremental back ups can only be specified
    at the file system level.

 2. I would like to be able to use the full Unix wild card file selectio
    capabilities when running any function (back up, archive, query,
    restore).

 3. I would like a command line parameter so that I can point ADSM to a
    file that contains the list of files that are to be backed up,
    archived, etc.

 4. I would like the GUI to have a more Windows or OS/2 feel. The Unix
    GUI is very hard to use.

 5. The performance of the Unix GUI is at best extremely slow. Can the
    response time be improved?

 6. In the GUI, I would like to be able to specify files using Unix
    wild card characters and then get a tree view of the selected files.

E-Mail: USBOACVB AT IBMMAIL DOT COM