ADSM-L

NT Admin GUI Problem?

1997-03-18 15:14:24
Subject: NT Admin GUI Problem?
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:14:24 -0500
Date:     March 18, 1997            Time:    12:52
From:    Jerry Lawson
    The Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
Have I missed a post along the way??????
Have I missed a post along the way??????

I was out with a customer today, and we were looking at his policies.  We
discovered that we had a server that was backing up as "dynamic" when it was
our intent to do "shared dynamic".  An easy enough switch, so I logged onto
his machine (with my id, which of course has full system admin authority), and
I went about the change.  The short story is that on his workstations (which
were NT 3.51 servers, one running level 5 of the Win32 client, the other
running level 6) could not update the policy domain.  I would go to the
"non-active" copy of the backup rules, find the appropriate button, and change
it.  Then I would go down to the "apply" button and click.  There was no delay
it came back right away - then I went and closed the window - there were no
messages or indications that I had changed and not saved my changes.  But when
I went back - the page was as before.  I went through Validation/Activation
with no problems.  Still no changes.

I went back to my desk, and my trusty OS/2 client.  I went through the same
process and sure enough, this time it worked.

So, has anyone else had problems like this with the Win32 client on NT Server?
 Has anyone reported the problem?

Jerry Lawson
The Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com