ADSM-L

HP vs. 2GB limits

1997-03-15 16:10:19
Subject: HP vs. 2GB limits
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:10:19 EST
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

 On Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:19:00 -0600, Bill Koeneman asked:

>If I have a file system U01 of size 20GB containing 20 1 GB files, can ADSM
>back them up or will it not touch the file system because of its size.

We have several 10-20GB file systems on HPUX 10.x clients and have had no
problems backing up or restoring with ADSM.  We have not tested restoring an
entire disk, just individual files and directories.  We are making a separate
weekly backup using vxdump until >2GB and vxfs are certified by ADSM.

         Mike (Not ADSM support) Knight