ADSM-L

Multiple MVS Servers Under One IP

1997-03-14 10:58:59
Subject: Multiple MVS Servers Under One IP
From: Paul D Brown <pdbrown AT ASHLAND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:58:59 -0400
  Running ADSM/MVS Server 2.1.12.

  I want to add a second region for desktop backup on the same MVS system
  that is running our PC Servers backup. To get the desktop machine to get
  backed up by the new region it looks like the TCPPORT Option in both the
  server and client is what makes the ADSM Server tied to specific clients.
  Is anybody working with multiple MVS/ADSM Servers on one MVS system using
  any other way to make specific clients be backed up to a specific server?
  And is TCPPORT the key here?

  Thanks,
  Paul Brown
  Ashland Inc.