ADSM-L

Re: Expiring the DB

1997-03-13 17:22:48
Subject: Re: Expiring the DB
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:22:48 -0600
     I would schedule an administrative command (daily or weekly) to do an
     "EXPIRE INVENTORY"  that will trigger the expiration of old client
     files....

     Also you will want a "DELETE VOLHIST TYPE=DBB TOD=TODAY-somenumber"
     this will, if you are doing your daily "BACKUP DB TYPE=FULL
     SCRATCH=YES DEV=sometapede"   so the del volhist will delete data base
     backup records older than the "somenumber" when used as above, thus
     allowing the tapes to roll back scratch.

     later
          Dwight